Monday, November 21, 2016

Oct 24, 2016

Weekly Update
This week was good. I love being with Sister Cannon yay:) Monday we visited a non active and she gave us pizza and plants :) 
Tuesday we taught a bunch. Our investigator ended her homosexual relationship! There are a few problems with the word of wisdom but the Lord has the power to help us if we have a desire to change. This is the difficult part. Having patience and determining if a person has a real desire to change. We can´t give anyone a desire. That day Yngryd said she wants to get baptized! We have been working with her for a while but she had a couple fears about being baptized but now is the moment! 
Wendesday we had a division with Sister Hall and Sister Caleira. Sister Caleira came to Geovanni with me. She is super cute from Portugal. We went to Ana´s house and Ana had read the chapter we left for her 2 Nefi 31 and after had started from the beginning and had read until 2 Nefi 6! It was awesome! Later in the week we explained about Lehi´s dream and the iron rod. Ana said she wants to learn more and feel an answer before she gets baptized, but she is really good. 
Thursday at the very end of the day a member called us that she had extra pizza at her house mmmm.  Also we are visiting members and trying to implement Plano de Missão da Família where each family makes personal goals and plans. And this member is the stake president and his wife and family and they made awesome goals and so we were happy to see that people are getting into this missionary work thing :) 
This week we taught Rafael and he is really liking the church and had come 3 times already. He said he wants to wait a bit to get baptized so we´ll see.
We taught Lumarilza about the plan of salvation and I was pretty direct about picking out a date for her marriage so she´ll pick a date the first week of November. 
We had a funny experience. Ana got sick, Her throat was hurting so we stopped at a fruit store in the favela to buy her ginger. They didn´t have ginger so we went for the limes. As I was at the register an old man was to the side and insisted on paying (70 cents). I told him he didn´t need to but he insisted so he paid. After he asked me if I knew why he paid. I was like, why? And he said "Porque gosto de gorinhas, lindas, com óculos." Sister Cannon busted out laughing and we went correndo. 
Yesterday we had a family home evening with Cris Leite a sister in the ward with her family. I love Cris! She´s a dentist and is very nice. I was told her I liked her earrings and she took them out and gave them to me and I don´t even have my ears pierced. Brazilians are friendly :). It was funny because Sister Cannon says people always give me stuff ahhaha.  We gave a message about Christ and the plano de missão da família. 
This week we will have interviews with presi and tonight we will have a fhe at his house! Bc he lives close in a fancy apartment it will be top.
The stake centers here will also open self sufficiency centers. It is cool.  I like learning about this stuff. The Senhor and the church are perfect. It teaches us how to be self sufficient in all things - great great. 
Just a little month left :( The other day I was thinking Wow just 4 weeks till the transfer and then I was like wait no não vai ter transferência para mim :( But I will use all this time that I have working hard.
Áte mais

Sister Haggard