Sunday, November 20, 2016

July 18, 2016

Weekly Update:
I will write this weekly update first thing. 
This week passed by super fast. We worked a lot and tried to find (and found) new people to teach. I made a contact with a girl named Kettlin and marked an appointment and when we returned we met her two siblings and mom...a família! The mom also knows a member so we´re excited to get to know them better. 
This past Tuesday Sister C. Silva and I gave a training that was super good if I say so myself about working with the members. Sister C. Silva wanted to do more family home evenings with the members so now we´re trying to have a fixed calendar of FHE in the ward and I think it will be great. Also, I´ve thought of an idea, I think it was the Holy Ghost, to organize the list of members in a way that will make visiting much easier and more reactivating, so we´ll see on that. Also we are planning a fireside and we want to invite Prezi Thomas to come too. 
Sister Thomas is in charge of the health of the mission, but she´s still learning the language so I will be her translator- the sisters will call me with health stuff and I´ll give advice and report the call to sister Thomas. That´s how it was explained to me so we´ll see how this one goes. 
We had our transfer but Sister C. and I stayed. I´ll be honest I wanted to be called as sister training leader, but the President changed the system a lot. Pres Del Guerso had talked to me about being called but Pres Thomas changed things this transfer. Before there was 8 sister leaders- two sisters called in one dupla. Now there is only one sister called in the dupla or 4 sisters so the pres didn´t call anyone else just released a bunch. But I really like this area and I know that the Lord has a purpose and plan so I´m going to go with it. 
But the best part of the week was Kelly´s baptism :))))))
She is so cute. Her brother Michael baptized her and her dad was there too. Now the only person who isn’t baptized yet is the dad so we´ll get to work! Kelly was a miracle really and was the Lord´s way of letting me know I´m working well because we worked a lot but the new investigators we found didn´t progress, but the Lord gave us Kelly instead :) The baptism was chique- the primary sang a song and the pres of the primary bought a cake and we brought the juice! I love seeing an older brother baptizing someone in the family, very special. I always remember when my brother Nathanael baptized the youngest 
Sammy :)
In other news I have stopped eating churros because eles não fazem bem infelizmente. But this week I got a ton of the Olympic coins of $1 real so I just need two to finish the collection so I´m pretty pumped about that.
I only have three more transfers so that´s weird. I´m excited to start this transfer. If I´m still here it´s because we´re going to help a ton of people and batizar até o pó!!!!!! 
Abraços

Sister Haggard 

The Americans on 4th of July
My planner 

family and elders
Kelly